Bitcoin, the decentralized digital currency, has been gaining mainstream attention and acceptance in recent years. As a result, more and more companies are investing in the technology. In this listicle, we will take a look at some of the most well-known companies that are known to hold Bitcoin.
- MicroStrategy: The business intelligence company made headlines in 2020 when it announced that it had invested $250 million in Bitcoin. The company has since continued to invest in the cryptocurrency and currently holds over $4 billion worth of Bitcoin.
- Tesla: In 2021, Tesla, the electric car manufacturer led by Elon Musk, announced that it had invested $1.5 billion in Bitcoin and would accept it as a form of payment for its cars.
- Square: The mobile payment company, led by Jack Dorsey, invested $50 million in Bitcoin in 2020, representing about 1% of its total assets.
- Meitu: The Chinese smartphone maker announced in 2021 that it had invested $40 million in Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- Galaxy Digital: The crypto-focused investment firm, founded by Mike Novogratz, has a significant amount of Bitcoin in its portfolio.
- Stone Ridge Asset Management: The New York-based investment management firm holds over $115 million worth of Bitcoin as part of its portfolio
- Ruffer Investment Company: The UK-based investment management firm announced in 2020 that it had invested 2.5% of its portfolio in Bitcoin, worth around £550 million.
These high-profile companies are just a few examples of the growing list of organizations that are investing in Bitcoin. Their investments can be seen as a sign of the growing mainstream acceptance of the technology. However, it’s important to note that investing in Bitcoin, or any other cryptocurrency, is a highly speculative and risky venture and one should always do their own research and consult with a financial advisor before making any investments.